Implementing HelpFlow 24/7 live chat not just improved customer experience on the
website but also reduced abandonment rates, boosted average order value, and achieved a 22X conversion rate impact for this high-traffic fine jewelry company.
A Closer Look to the Client’s Business
Jewelry Industry Disruptors
Engage Overnight Visitors & Reduce Abandon Rates
Goals for Working With HelpFlow
24/7 Live Chat Capability – They needed a 24/7 live chat partner that could field questions after business hours and reduce abandonment rates.
Positive Revenue Impact – They needed to see a positive impact on their revenue as a direct result of working with HelpFlow in order to justify the investment.
More Sales + More Conversions – They were hoping not just for more sales through reduced abandonment rates, but also higher conversion rates for visitors as a whole.
A Smooth Onboarding Process – They wanted the onboarding process to go smoothly without having to take too much time away from current team members.
Client Benchmark Numbers
A Multi-Pronged Approach to Driving Engagement
Strategy #1: Reduce Checkout Abandons
1. After-Hours Shopping – HelpFlow agents are available 24/7 to respond to live chat requests. Evenings, weekends, holidays—online businesses never take a break. And neither do we. This, of course, would be a huge step up for the client since their team was only available to answer questions during business hours.
2. Checkout Abandonment Prevention – With over 200+ clients served and 1,000,000 chats answered, HelpFlow has created a comprehensive system for predicting cart abandonments before they happen. As such, specialists are able to reach out to shoppers before they start to abandon (i.e. 1-2 steps before) in order to answer questions, re-engage shoppers, and prevent abandoned carts.
After analyzing the client’s business, HelpFlow determined they would need to convert between 3-5% of checkout abandons in order to make their partnership profitable for the client.
End Goal for Positive Revenue Impact: Convert Between 3% & 5% of Checkout Abandons (15 -25 Sales)
Related Industry Statistics: Cart Abandonment
Cart abandonment is a serious issue for eCommerce businesses today.
But what do the numbers say?
Below are a few statistics to shed some light on the damage that unchecked cart abandonment can cause for your business.
- The reported average cart abandonment rate across all industries ranges from about 70% (Baymard Institute) to 80% (OptinMonster).
- Shopping cart abandonment causes over $18 billion in lost yearly revenue for eCommerce brands (Forrester Research).
- Cart abandonment rates continue to rise, growing from 59.8% in 2006 to nearly 70% in 2020 (Statista).
- Checkout abandonment tends to be the highest after normal business hours from 8-9pm (Eye Studios).
- Nearly 9 out of 10 carts are abandoned over the weekend (Formisimo).
Engage With Interested Browsers
This provides a better understanding of how long a visitor is engaging with your content and see how deep they’re scrolling through the page. You can also see engagements on the pages (e.g., switching between specification tabs, etc.). The benefit is you get a much clearer picture of whether they’re truly interested in learning more about your product or service.
Comparison shopping is especially common among online consumers. With HelpFlow, you and our specialists can see when visitors are switching back and forth between products, indicating that they’re likely weighing one option versus another.
With this information, our agents are able to engage with visitors at the most opportune time to answer questions, provide suggestions, remind consumers of specific benefits, and ultimately guide them towards a purchasing decision.
Using these specific benefits, HelpFlow determined they would need to convert at
least 0.03% of multiple product viewers on the site with live chat.
End Goal for Positive Revenue Impact: Convert at Least 0.03% of Multiple Product Viewers (20 Sales)
Related Industry Statistics: Quality Live Chat Boosts Conversions
Incorporating high-quality 24/7 live chat does more than just preventing checkout abandonment. It can also give active shoppers the touch of customer service needed to drive a sale.
Here are some statistics to show how live chat helps boost conversions.
- 79% of consumers feel like getting quick answers to their questions impacted their buying decisions (Acquire).
- Website visitors are 82% more likely to convert to customers if they’ve chatted with your team and are worth 13% more per purchase (Intercom).
- 48% of consumers favor companies with proactive support (Zendesk).
- 33% of proactive chats initiated received a positive response from visitors (Olark).
- Nearly 1 out of 3 consumers will stop all interactions with a brand after a bad customer service experience (Kayako).
- 20% of consumers spread negative word of mouth about poor live chat experience (Kayako).
Strategy #3: Make the Onboarding Process as Smooth & Hassle-Free as Possible
The Results: Above & Beyond Expectations
Results Breakdown: Revenue Impact
Results Breakdown: New Sales
Results Breakdown: Conversion Rate Impact
Results Breakdown: Average Order Value (AOV)
HelpFlow: Your 24/7 Live Chat and CS Team