Build My Online Store is a podcast for e-commerce store owners where the hosts, Terry Lin and Travis Marziani, share insights from their experience running stores and expert interviews.
We were interviewed on their show in in episode #169 about how to use live chat effectively in an e-commerce store.
You can listen to the full interview here.
- Interview starts (08:05)
- How can someone else manage live chat for you (12:25)
- Having the answer every time is not as important as committing to getting them an answer later (14:50)
- Mistakes stores make with live chat (16:00)
- Example of how chat works (19:55)
- Great site design doesn’t stop people from asking “obvious” questions (21:40)
- Track live chat metrics in Google Analytics (23:55)
- Crazy ROI examples from live chat (25:15).
- Conversion rate of chat vs no chat (26:35)
- Advanced tactics for live chat (invites, etc.) (30:10)
- Which features matter when choosing live chat software (35:25)
- Don’t get too personalized on chat invites (36:45)
Jon Tucker is CEO of HelpFlow, a provider of 24/7 live chat and customer service teams for 100+ eCommerce stores. Launched in 2015, their team of agents has produced nearly $100M in chat revenue for a wide range of stores using a conversion-focused approach to live chat.
Your Store Needs a 24/7 Live Chat Team
HelpFlow can drive sales by having our team of human agents available on live chat 24/7 to predict and save abandons before they happen, proactively reach out and engage with visitors via SMS and email after they abandon, and by answering visitor questions live on your website to convert visitors.